This month could have been called “the watchpot never boils” as we spend some time catching up on the summer and discussing several items that we’ve been waiting to bake…
- Brent’s return from the 2018 Southern-Fried Gaming Expo to hear about the capers and fun that was had down in Atlanta + BONUS interview with Circus Maximus talking about their upcoming Kingpin Pinball!
- Whitney’s TNA – oh, the sweet, sweet smell of waiting.
- The Atari VCS
- The Hyperkin Retron 77
- Donkey Kong & Sky Skipper ON THE NINTENDO SWITCH!!
- A new Intellivision console?!?
Yeah – you read all of that right – we cover some seriously diverse ground this episode, all the while trying to figure out how to light up some Pixel Pals and just what the heck is up with the “Supreme” edition pinball from Stern??? I guess what they say is true – it’s all about the benjamins. Summer heat is killing us, Brent can’t remember a single person’s name and we both have way too many words. Like we said on the show – IT”S ALL UPSIDE!! (more…)
Well, well, well….the slacker (Whitney) is back in the studio and tries to carry his share of the water this month. Despite being a bit (LOT) out of practice after his unintentional hiatus we still manage to pull off a fun show full of gameroom and hobby updates (and banter), gift opening on air (always compelling radio, seeing as how no-one can see a thing), Iron Maiden pinball talk and spending of Brent’s money.
What more did you expect? Quality??? pppffffttt…. Entertainment??? pppffffftttt…. FREE? You’ve got us there.
LOCK AND LOAD.
We are “back to basics” this month and are proud to turn the spotlight on the local collecting scene and allow Louisville-local collectors a chance at the mic to tell their story and talk about their perspectives on the current state of the arcade and pinball hobby. Truthfully – we don’t get to do this enough.
Whitney was out of town for work, so this seemed like the perfect chance to upgrade this month’s show!
To keep the ‘regular’ pace for the episode, Brent chats for a bit about his updates post Louisville Arcade Expo and discusses some initial perspectives on Stern’s new Iron Maiden pin as well.
Let us know what you think – would love some feedback on the format of this episode!
Happy Friday the 13th! PLEASE don’t break your finger hitting the rewind button on your Walkman ™!
It’s the last of our Louisville Arcade Expo 2018 shows, and for this very special (and favorite) of days, we figured it only fitting to grace your ears with a never-ending montage of prior-episode outtakes featuring Whitney laughing, Brent lamenting and beep tone after beep tone after beep tone.
The ONLY redeeming quality is the uber-cool soundtrack for the show.
It’s no April Fools, yo! Instead, it’s our Saturday night livestream show (3/3/2018) direct from the floor of the 2018 Louisville Arcade Expo!
Join in as we discuss everything from arcade, to pinball to Star Wars to Vlassic pickles… it all fits in somewhere along the line and one way or another – it works.
We have a slew of folks who sit in with us for the show, including:
- Grace and Gareth (the family tradition continues)
- Adam Curry from The Pinball Workshop
- J Patrick from Pod Casserole
- David Corrigan from The Grand Ole’ Gameroom Expo
- Jeremy, Matt & Joe from the Louisville Arcade Expo
- Chris Cruz from Griffin Aerotech, makers of SkyCurser
- Corey Sims @ RecBar
- Jeff Waldon & his daughter Paige
- And last, but in no way least, friend of the show Shawn O’Shea