Episode 15 – Happy Birfday, the 20 dollar word
Welcome to Episode #15 of the podcast – which is also our “1-year Anniversary” show!
There’s a lot of ground for us to cover on this show, but we start off with a bit of reflection on how our first year in the podcasting ‘bidness’ had gone and talk about all the fun times we’ve had, the new friends we’ve made and just how “hard” (podcasting *is* hard, mkay) putting together a show from scratch really wound up being!
Once we wipe the nostalgic tear away, we dive face-first into hobby updates. Whitney makes a pinball confessional (that I’ve since unboxed since we recorded the show), discusses ‘Pinball on the road’ (cue the Charles Kuralt music anytime…) with a visit to the Seattle Pinball Museum and Brent discusses paying it forward, pinball-style, with a project that he lined up for friend of the show Steve Ridge and his son, Michael. We also get an update on the Burgertime refurb that won our first ‘Put Brent to Work’ listener poll and talk about Open House at the Warehouse 2.0 coming up at the end of September, 2014 in Louisville, KY.
We then take to discussing the latest in arcade and pinball reproduction artwork and parts – and there is a LOT to cover this month, respond to listener feedback and make a special announcement regarding the 30th-annual Pinball Expo. Needless to say, we’re going on the road again!
We’ve got all the show links below, so dig into all the goodness that is our 1st “birfday” episode – welcome to #15 everyone!
Here’s how the episode breaks down:
- Intro discussion and our first year
- Updates and what we’ve been working on
- (77:40 – 1 hour, 17 minutes) – Restoration Corner
- (126:50 – 2 hours, 6 minutes) – Current events, news and listener feedback.
Show Segment Details
Seattle Pinball Museum
- Pictures from my trip – https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.799885280072444.1073741839.161845900543055&type=3
- Find them on Twitter @ SeaPinMuseum
- Find them on FB @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seattle-Pinball-Museum/131237786915560
- Titan Pinball
- Adams Family “Thing Hand” shooter rod
- Smart DMD Project – DMD interface with color, 2x DMD upscaling and network support
- Reproduction Artwork and Parts
- ZooKeeper marquees, bezels and sideart
- Moon Patrol marquees and bezels
- Phoenix Arcade
- MsPac, Galaga and Pacman glass cabaret bezels.
- Prices lowered on Track and Field side art, Pacman side art and MsPac side art due to large volume reorder prints.
- Star Wars DE pinball decal sets.
- In production - Berzerk and Food Fight glass bezels.
- Getting close to preorders on Tempest cockaitl glass and Joust glass bezels.
- Coming soon – Assault side art, Tempest cabaret CPO’s and marquees, Atari Football cardboard bezel – All from original films.
- Re-run of the Nintendo coin doors from Takeman on KLOV -http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?p=2858776
- Mappy marquee update – Project DIED due to lack of interest Phoenix may pick it back up at some point in the future, but will need a ‘funding home run’ project to cover this project investment – http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=284889
- High Speed Police Light mod
- Set of 2 lights. Demo video have them over the outer most spinners. Tied into the flashers.
- $35 plus $10 shipping to the US. Seller is located in Bulgaria; pinside member ‘arakissun’
- Berzerk “Bat Stick” Kit
- Hardware – Spacers and nuts and bolts.
- Rubber grommet / spacer. Hole and no hole
- Pinballtoppers.com http://www.pinballtoppers.com
- Thread on KLOV pertaining to video game toppers: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=318823
- Kickstarter Projects
- BEEP – A documentary history of video game sound – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/veemix/beep-a-documentary-history-of-video-game-sound
- Geekon – a new arcade in Albequerque, NM – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1078369193/geekon
- On The Road
- Upcoming Shows
- Classic Gaming Expo
- September 12th to 14th
- Rivera Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- Retrogaming RoundUp
- Free-Play Florida
- November 21-23, 2014 Orlando, Florida
- Floridas biggest Arcade, Pinball & Console Show, at the Doubletree Hilton, located close to Seaworld, with 20,000sq ft and literally hundreds of machines from the latest Arcade, Pinballs to the Classics, PAPA Tournament, Arcade Tournament, Console Event, Cash Prizes, Panels, great rates on room rates at the Hilton – See more at: http://www.arcade-museum.com/events.php#sthash.GyC78xTv.dpuf
- Brian Jones (PROK on KLOV) – gamestencils.com – one of the organizers
- Arcade Expo
- January 16-18th, 2015 in Banning CA
- Dave Danzara (VectorInvader on KLOV; Video Craze) one of the organizers
- Billed as SoCal’s LARGEST arcade exposition
- Louisville Arcade Expo
- March 6-8, 2015
- Ramada Plaza Hotel, Louisville KY
- Twitter @arcaderx
- Classic Gaming Expo
As always, remember to check our Facebook page – facebook.com/brokentoken for LOTS of content in-between the episodes, as Brent and I are keep a lively presence on the podcast page and we enjoy lots of lively discussion on trending topics. Follow us on Twitter – twitter.com/brokentoken – as well and if you want to talk to us directly, give us a shout on the podcast voicemail line – 470-2CALLBT (470-222-5528)
Thanks for listening and GAME ON!