All posts tagged - Arcade1Up
88 MPH…this is a once-in-a-podcast opportunity, and we’re not going to waste it… so you (our beloved listeners) are squarely along for the ride! (see what we did there!?!)
BTTF references aside (and trust us – we love them), there’s right at 4 hours of podcasting goodness for you this month and we cover so many topics, we thought it best to just list them out for you straight away:
- Project tool storage
- IKEA furniture (another first for the show???)
- Ghostbusters pinball fixes
- More pinball art blades
- Vectrex and Atari presents from across the pond
- CRT and PVM/BVM masterclass (courtesy of Steve Nutter @ the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo 2019)
- Portable parts storage
- Cinematronics monitor gel reproductions
- The Arcade 1UP NBA Jam cabinet
- Stern Pinball Heavy Metal
- Stern Pinball Stranger Things UV Kit
- Bitmap Books Atari 2600/7800 Compendium
- Color DMD announces support for Stern Pinball’s Mustang
- The Nintendo VS. System PPU changer
But wait – there’s more!
September(ish); kinda (but not really) October 2019
Let’s start off by cabbaging a classic phrase and put a spin on it – “Podcasting finds a way…”
It’s very relevant for this show (No.. there haven’t been any Jurassic Park boxes have shown up at our houses, if that’s what you’re thinking) as we’ve had to re-work schedules quite a bit due to life finding its way. We’ll get into all of that on ep. 85 when Whitney is back in the chair. For now, we had to farm out co-host duties this time around to (good) friend of the show Jim Hale and we hope everyone enjoys this break from the norm!
Brent carries it all and we thank him for the commitment, otherwise there wouldn’t have been an 84 to get us to 85!
With all that being said, there’s a whole slew** of topics covered in this episode:
- How to speak “Kentucky” (as if you still needed a lesson…we’re at 84 episodes, after all)
- Stern drop target repair
- Thoughts on Stern Jurassic Park and Elvira
- “House of the Dead” monitor repair
- Flat panel monitor power supply repair
- Esoteric control panel art
- “I Dream of Jeannie”, “Bewitched”, and “the Dukes of Hazzard” cast changes (and how they scarred us all)
- The lament of Suncoast Pinball and Cosmic Carnival
- The Pontiac Fiero and its propensity to catch fire
- Arcade 1Up and Star Wars
**(including, but not limited to)
Oh literally…how do we love thee? Let me count thy ways…and it’s a lot. So much so that we cover every topic from A to Z – literally. Brent goes to a comic-con where he sees literally EVERYBODY. He works on his Tron and has to fix literally EVERYTHING. His Thermoforming machine and 3D printer are literally STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS and his gameroom literally hasn’t been touched in MONTHS. Whitney is no better – he has had his TNA for a week and just now got it moved into his house – LITERALLY! Add to that, he’s got nothing better to do than spend Brent’s money on a literal boatload of cool stuff (seriously – Wico joysticks, Neo Geo LED Marquee lights and a dual Punch-Out/Super Punch-Out adapter) this month. Pair that with some literally awesome feedback and some news and it all adds up to 4+ hours of arcade and pinball goodness!
You’ll literally LOVE this month’s show!
Figuratively – I think we’re spot on.