All posts tagged - Creality 3d Printer
It’s Christmas and New Years all squashed together and what better way to give ‘ol 2018 the proper boot than to tell a bunch of arcade-related fishing stories (hence the title tie-in…get it?!?!?) and do absolutely no reflection whatsoever on the past year. Yep – we stick to the script and will get all gushy-eyed in January as we look forward to 2019!
Speaking of the script… in checking out the show notes (which we have to do, because we cannot remember what we talk about) it looks like we cover off on the following:
- Brent’s shopping of his Star Wars Ep1 and musings on his new Frogger
- The LM399 IC tester and building a “new” Sega Dreamcast
- Whitney’s trip to Chicago with the guys from the 10 Pence Arcade Podcast
- Update on TNA and some stumbles with it
- Update on home/collection inventory management and some listener suggestions
- An interview with Larry Kitchen from Flip’N Out
- A review on optical gun games
- Spending Brents money on JAMMA testers and Punch Out adapters
- AND… news, listener feedback and our normal
(boatload)of mistakes and future corrections!
Best of the Yuletide spoodlings to you and yours from Brent and Whitney!
It’s been a loooong 31 days since the last episode and we’ve had plenty of time to practice our signature moves on spending Brent’s money, white-washing gameroom updates and making half-educated attempts at industry and hobby news coverage. Should that stop us this month? WE SAY NO!
So in our best declaration of determination and comeuppance, we return for the October show and unfortunately there’s nothing spooky about it – at all. However, we do have everything that you’ve come to know and love with the show as well as the following major topics:
- New Pinball announcements
- Stern code updates
- Spend Brent’s Money
- Flashlights (just to round it out).
Yep – it’s arcade and pinball podcasting, BT style (and with some Grace added in to keep the guys on task).
Way better… that’s the best phrase we know of to sum up August vs. July 2018. No plumbing issues (that we know of), no home repairs and no major calamities befell the podcast crew this month, so we were able to focus on what we do best – POSING as knowledgeable pinball and arcade hobbyists. With that poser status comes a lot of a poser updates on everything from Brent’s new 3D printer, his thermoforming machine build, a massive parts haul and more. Whitney found a few fluke pods and is still posing as a pinballer while he awaits word on his TNA. We also catch up on a mini-review of the Hyperkin RetroN77 and pose as big spenders with Brent’s money this month (seriously – check out the list) before chatting up the new Stern Pinball Deadpool. We top all this with a BOATLOAD (no posing required this month) of listener feedback that turned out to be as much (or more) fun than the actual show itself.
Like the old saying goes “chrome won’t get you home” but we sure pretended it did.
This month could have been called “the watchpot never boils” as we spend some time catching up on the summer and discussing several items that we’ve been waiting to bake…
- Brent’s return from the 2018 Southern-Fried Gaming Expo to hear about the capers and fun that was had down in Atlanta + BONUS interview with Circus Maximus talking about their upcoming Kingpin Pinball!
- Whitney’s TNA – oh, the sweet, sweet smell of waiting.
- The Atari VCS
- The Hyperkin Retron 77
- Donkey Kong & Sky Skipper ON THE NINTENDO SWITCH!!
- A new Intellivision console?!?
Yeah – you read all of that right – we cover some seriously diverse ground this episode, all the while trying to figure out how to light up some Pixel Pals and just what the heck is up with the “Supreme” edition pinball from Stern??? I guess what they say is true – it’s all about the benjamins. Summer heat is killing us, Brent can’t remember a single person’s name and we both have way too many words. Like we said on the show – IT”S ALL UPSIDE!! (more…)