All posts tagged - Grand Ole Gameroom Expo
We’re back from July travels with all kinds of great arcade and pinball talk and a few stories to boot from our time at the 2019 Southern-Fried Gaming Expo. Not only does the Panther travel to Atlanta in Business Class (not really… it was the front seat of Brent’s car) it inspired a host of people who wanted to buy “Panther Vision” neon glasses! I think we’ve created a cottage industry by accident…
In addition to the updates, news and
(burning) spending of Brent’s money (we buy flybacks, key locks and an Asteroids multi control panel, along with some other most excellent items) we’re joined by Stern Pinball’s own Mike Vinikour, Circus Maximus’ James Loflin and the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo’s David Corrigan.
We may be travel weary this month, but that doesn’t mean we didn’t have a good time and turn up short for words!! Heck, we even speculate on Stern’s next game (which proved itself to be a double-hitter: both Star Wars “The Pin” and Jurassic Park!!)
Well, well, well – it had to finally happen. We are a day late on show publishing and I wish we could blame it on border security, government shutdown or the polar vortex, but at the end of it all – it was a failure of our best friend (and arch nemesis): technology. It takes some time to move around the GIGABYTES of unprocessed audio we make for each month’s show and by the time it lands at its final resting spot to become the MP3 we all know and love, our baritone has traversed its way from the moon and back (figuratively). Somewhere over Albuquerque, some archive files bit the dust and we had to retry (and retry) before there was success. But alas, we made it!!
This month we have not only the usual gameroom and hobby updates, but we also hear from a first-timer to the show – Corey Stupp. Corey is the new face behind the Louisville Arcade Expo (and a developer at Stern Pinball) and gives us the low-down on everything we can expect from the 2019 show. We also hear from our friends at Marco Specialities as we do some more floor and booth interviews from the 2018 Grand Ole Gameroom Expo. We then spend some of Brent’s money on my favorite things – Nintendo parts!! Oh – and a new CPS2 infinikey, joystick grommets and all kinds of necessities. We give our best thoughts on the new Munsters Pinball from Stern and then make way for some feedback as well.
We may be a day late (and Brent is a dollar short) but we made it! Thanks for everyone asking “hey – where are you guys?!?!” Makes us feel loved.
The feedback on the plumbing podcast was so strong, that we felt the need to butcher the house in the name of the show and bring you EVEN MORE PLUMBING TALK!
It’s true – you wanted more plumbing, you get more plumbing! Oh – we also managed to squeeze in a few things arcade and pinball related… you know…to pay the bills and all. This month we cover off on the following topics:
- Star Wars Ep. 1 shop-out
- Brent buys a Fluke 9010a and he *finally* gets a Frogger!
- IC testers
- Louisville Super Con
- Thanksgiving recaps (MO TURKEY, PLEASE!!)
- Whitney’s TNA powdercoating and picking up a Time Pilot
- Our visit to the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo and a quick interview with show organizer David Corrigan
- News, Stern code updates and listener feedback
and last, but certainly not least – our panel interview with Marco and Stern where we talk with Cale Hernandez (Marco), Rachel Bess (Marco/the Electric Bat Arcade), Paul Mandeltort (Marco) and Mike Vinikour (Stern) about the history of the Pinball parts business, how Marco runs the largest Pinball parts resource on the planet and what it’s like to partner with Stern to ensure we all have loads of brand new games to play at shows (and how Mike keeps them up and running for us all to enjoy).
It’s a recap roundup and a Pex patch to boot!
It’s no April Fools, yo! Instead, it’s our Saturday night livestream show (3/3/2018) direct from the floor of the 2018 Louisville Arcade Expo!
Join in as we discuss everything from arcade, to pinball to Star Wars to Vlassic pickles… it all fits in somewhere along the line and one way or another – it works.
We have a slew of folks who sit in with us for the show, including:
- Grace and Gareth (the family tradition continues)
- Adam Curry from The Pinball Workshop
- J Patrick from Pod Casserole
- David Corrigan from The Grand Ole’ Gameroom Expo
- Jeremy, Matt & Joe from the Louisville Arcade Expo
- Chris Cruz from Griffin Aerotech, makers of SkyCurser
- Corey Sims @ RecBar
- Jeff Waldon & his daughter Paige
- And last, but in no way least, friend of the show Shawn O’Shea
All your April Fools belongs to us! Yeah – we went there. So – to help you recover from what was undoubtedly a VERY stressful April 1st, we bring you the recording of the live show we streamed on Saturday night, March 4th 2017. We managed to rotate quite the number of guests in/out of the booth during the course of the livestream (list below) and what more can we say than “we had a blast, and it shows”.
- The Skycurser Devs – Philip Golobish and Christopher Cruz
- Adam and JP from Pod Casserole (with a special episode of “Adam’s Ghost”)
- David Corrigan from the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo
- Whitney’s nephew Gareth Milwood
- Tony Thomas from Louisville’s RecBar
- And last – but certainly not least (technically, she’s first) we have the show intro by Whitney’s daughter Grace – she carried us when we were nowhere to be found…