All posts tagged - Grand Ole Gameroom Expo
It’s no April Fools, yo! Instead, it’s our Saturday night livestream show (3/3/2018) direct from the floor of the 2018 Louisville Arcade Expo!
Join in as we discuss everything from arcade, to pinball to Star Wars to Vlassic pickles… it all fits in somewhere along the line and one way or another – it works.
We have a slew of folks who sit in with us for the show, including:
- Grace and Gareth (the family tradition continues)
- Adam Curry from The Pinball Workshop
- J Patrick from Pod Casserole
- David Corrigan from The Grand Ole’ Gameroom Expo
- Jeremy, Matt & Joe from the Louisville Arcade Expo
- Chris Cruz from Griffin Aerotech, makers of SkyCurser
- Corey Sims @ RecBar
- Jeff Waldon & his daughter Paige
- And last, but in no way least, friend of the show Shawn O’Shea
All your April Fools belongs to us! Yeah – we went there. So – to help you recover from what was undoubtedly a VERY stressful April 1st, we bring you the recording of the live show we streamed on Saturday night, March 4th 2017. We managed to rotate quite the number of guests in/out of the booth during the course of the livestream (list below) and what more can we say than “we had a blast, and it shows”.
- The Skycurser Devs – Philip Golobish and Christopher Cruz
- Adam and JP from Pod Casserole (with a special episode of “Adam’s Ghost”)
- David Corrigan from the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo
- Whitney’s nephew Gareth Milwood
- Tony Thomas from Louisville’s RecBar
- And last – but certainly not least (technically, she’s first) we have the show intro by Whitney’s daughter Grace – she carried us when we were nowhere to be found…
“Book ‘em Danno” – it’s the big ‘Five-O’ show!
There’s so much crammed into this month’s episode that we had to loosen the belt a bit and put on the stretchy pants, because I think we’ve hit an all-time high score when it comes to show length, commutes and long-distance runs…. seriously.
And just like that…. a warm, heaping pile of Thanksgiving Leftovers makes it way to your plate for what is episode #48! We blame it on the tryptophan, so bear with us as we make room for seconds and break off a rather unconventional (in…like…it’s under 4 hours) episode of the podcast. We’ve had a pretty big November – we attended the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo and put on a couple of sessions there, met up with half of the Gameroom Junkies, slummed with Adam and JP of the Adam and JP Show, ogled the awesome work of Chris Royalty at Hot Rod Arcade/Pinball Plating and even rubbed some elbows with Patrick Scott Patterson. Add on top of that a bevy of gameroom updates, trials and tribulations with the new Ghostbusters Pinball and some major progress on the Sky Skipper Project and you’ve got something worthy of the finest cranberry sauce that money can’t buy.
I *KNOW* Brent is thankful for this month, as I give his wallet a break and we catch up on a boatload of feedback as well. We love hearing from our listeners, so keep it coming!
We hope you enjoy this ‘food coma’ of an episode as we all get geared for what is sure to be a great Christmas! (more…)