All posts tagged - Pole Position
It’s Christmas and New Years all squashed together and what better way to give ‘ol 2018 the proper boot than to tell a bunch of arcade-related fishing stories (hence the title tie-in…get it?!?!?) and do absolutely no reflection whatsoever on the past year. Yep – we stick to the script and will get all gushy-eyed in January as we look forward to 2019!
Speaking of the script… in checking out the show notes (which we have to do, because we cannot remember what we talk about) it looks like we cover off on the following:
- Brent’s shopping of his Star Wars Ep1 and musings on his new Frogger
- The LM399 IC tester and building a “new” Sega Dreamcast
- Whitney’s trip to Chicago with the guys from the 10 Pence Arcade Podcast
- Update on TNA and some stumbles with it
- Update on home/collection inventory management and some listener suggestions
- An interview with Larry Kitchen from Flip’N Out
- A review on optical gun games
- Spending Brents money on JAMMA testers and Punch Out adapters
- AND… news, listener feedback and our normal
(boatload)of mistakes and future corrections!
Best of the Yuletide spoodlings to you and yours from Brent and Whitney!
Yep – we admit it – we go “straight to plaid” in this months’ episode. We tried REAL HARD LIKE to not let the discussion around Stern’s new Star Wars Pinball capitalize the episode, but we couldn’t help ourselves. We analyze it from up one side and down the other and still net a solid zero at the very end of it all. Fortunately we have “Total Nuclear Annihilation” on the horizon and that promises to save the day – in more way than one.
So, on with what promises to be a really fun show. We work through our monthly updates, as Brent just completed a pretty large group buyout on some killer titles (and a lot of PC10 carts, as well). He picks up his Jurassic Park and lays in a total surprise game pickup as well. Whitney discusses the next few chapters in the Sky Skipper Project and discusses some cabinet swaps he’s got going on.
We cover off on a small soldering Q&A, review some hardware and for the first time in a few months we spend even more of Brent’s money. All this, a “Nip-It” alert to end all alerts, and some feedback as well!