All posts tagged - RecBar
Yep, you read that right. This month’s show is best described as a fine ‘sit me back’ with your favorite smoking jacket and two of the finest tacos the Border has to offer. We roll back into the studio and recap our thoughts on the Louisville Arcade Expo, catch up on the happenings over both March *AND* April, get back into the swing of Spending Brent’s Money (shameless plug here…we racked up over a $500 bill EASY this month) and were delighted to feature a guest we’ve been wanting to have on the show for months now: Jimmy Litsey – BITD classic arcade operator of yore and man, does he have some cool stories to tell. As always we plow through a ton of great and fun feedback and some industry news as well.
Oh yeah – the best part is always at the end, so be sure to stay through the credits!
It’s taken us a bit to recover, but we’re back with a vengeance purpose now that we’ve gotten a few naps under our belt and tossed on some clean Superfriends Underoos!
This episode is a recording of the live show we streamed on Friday night, March 3rd 2017. We managed to rotate quite the number of guests in/out of the booth during the course of the livestream (list below) and what more can we say than “we had a blast, and it shows”.
- Brent’s niece & nephew – Emma and Logan, talking retro and console gaming at the Expo
- Tony Thomas and Corey Simms from Louisville’s RecBar
- Clint Hoskins and Jared Neible from Evansville’s Secret Headquarters
- Adam and JP from Pod Casserole
- Friend of the show Jim Hale (he traveled in all the way from Denver, CO!)
- And last – but certainly not least (technically, she’s first) we have the show intro by Whitney’s daughter Grace – she carried us when we were nowhere to be found…
“Book ‘em Danno” – it’s the big ‘Five-O’ show!
There’s so much crammed into this month’s episode that we had to loosen the belt a bit and put on the stretchy pants, because I think we’ve hit an all-time high score when it comes to show length, commutes and long-distance runs…. seriously.