Fix for HTTP error 500/XMLRPC issue when publishing via Live Writer and the post has embedded images
Whew – long title I know, but it’s what I started running into when attempting to upload a post to brokentoken via Windows Live Writer (WLW).
I’m still trying to determine whether or not I’m going to stick with/ WLW for post composition or use WordPress’ built in editor – I’m split 50/50 on it right now. Regardless of the outcome on that, I ran into an issue where I was publishing a post that had some embedded images in it, and the XMLRPC interface of WordPress kicked back an “internal server error” with a HTTP status code of 500.
Enter a little Google-fu and I found this to be a very clean and simple solution:
I have verified here on brokentoken that it was necessary and have also verified that my development environment is afflicted as well.
Simple enough fix via phpMyAdmin and all is well. I hope this helps someone else out if they run into this issue using WLW (or any XMLRPC publishing method) with embedded images.