53: Saturday Night Live at the 2017 Louisville Arcade Expo
All your April Fools belongs to us! Yeah – we went there. So – to help you recover from what was undoubtedly a VERY stressful April 1st, we bring you the recording of the live show we streamed on Saturday night, March 4th 2017. We managed to rotate quite the number of guests in/out of the booth during the course of the livestream (list below) and what more can we say than “we had a blast, and it shows”.
- The Skycurser Devs – Philip Golobish and Christopher Cruz
- Adam and JP from Pod Casserole (with a special episode of “Adam’s Ghost”)
- David Corrigan from the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo
- Whitney’s nephew Gareth Milwood
- Tony Thomas from Louisville’s RecBar
- And last – but certainly not least (technically, she’s first) we have the show intro by Whitney’s daughter Grace – she carried us when we were nowhere to be found…
The Louisville Arcade Expo has continued to grow year-after-year and is is hitting a really good stride now in both size, attendance and the sheer amount of content available to take in over the course of the show. The growth has lead to a brand new floor layout, a significant uptick in the number of games available to play, more seminars in a dedicated space and new segments of the hobby/genre being represented at the show.
We recorded all of the relevant seminars and will be releasing both the audio and video from them in the next few weeks, as well. We’ll have the audio in upcoming episodes and the video will be on our Youtube channel.
With that – grab a smoothie, sit back and enjoy a great night of fun at the 2017 Louisville Arcade Expo!
|As always, remember to check our Facebook Page for LOTS of content in-between the episodes, as Brent and I are keep a lively presence on the podcast page and we enjoy lots of great discussion on trending topics.
Follow us on Twitter @BrokenToken and if you want to talk to us directly, give us a shout on the podcast voicemail line – 470-2CALLBT (470-222-5528)
If you enjoy what you hear, then please consider leaving us a rating on our iTunes page and our Stitcher Radio page. We are also available on the Throwback Network so please consider checking out all the other retro goodness podcasts available there, as well.
Ratings help us to promote the show and get it front of more people, so we thank you for any help you can provide!
Thanks for listening and GAME ON!
- 54: Two Tacos and a Cigar
- 52: Friday Night Live at the 2017 Louisville Arcade Expo
- 51: The One Man Band
- LAX2017 – Let’s cross the (live)streams!
- High Score: 50
- Episode 48–mmm…Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Episode 40–Saturday Night Live from the 2016 Louisville Arcade Expo
- Episode 39–Friday Night Live from the 2016 Louisville Arcade Expo
- Episode 37–Not Quite Siskel & Ebert
- Episode 28–The Internal Magic of the Atari 2600